HP242 Pipe Sealant (High Pressure)
Akfix HP242 is an easily applied anaerobic low viscosity pipe sealant used in hydraulic & pneumatic fittings with diameters up to 50 mm and servomechanisms.
- Does not shrink when fully cured.
- Shows great resistance to high pressure, vibration, solvents, heat up to 150°C, moisture,and corrosion.
- Easly applied to hydraulic & pneumatic fittings with diameters up to 50 mm and servomechanisms.
- Clean male and female threads before assembly with an absorbent tissue paper to remove any cutting oil.
- Apply the adhesive with a 360 turn to leading threads of the male and female fittings.
- Use an absorbent tissue paper to wipe off excess jointing compound in the direction of the thread.
- Assembly parts and hold on for 24 hours at 22-24°C to ensure full curing of jointing compound.
- For disassembly, use hand tools to remove mating parts. When it is hard to dissemble at room temperature, apply local heat until reaching 150°C and disassemble while hot. Then, remove any residual cured adhesive mechanically and clean parts with a proper solvent, acetone.